ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
HellAn
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Pulling stills from 4K video in FZ1000 vs g4h vs full frame
2 months ago

Hi there,

I am new to this forum but I read you for years.

I am wondering which camera in best for pulling still frames: FZ1000 vs g4h vs a full frame camera . I am particularly interested in the 4K stills pulled out from FZ1000 and g4h (which one is best).

Based on the fact that both camera gives us a 8MP still frame (from 4K video), we should take into consideration the size of pixels (in microns). So if gh4 have 16mp in a 4/3 sensor this means a 80% bigger pixel size than fz1000 pixels (20mp in an 1'' sensor). So the stills from 4K video in the gh4 in comparison with 4K still frames of fz1000 4K video should be substantial better (because the pixels in gh4 are almost  80% bigger).

Am I right?

And If I am right then maybe (based on "line skipping" procedures of sensors and sensor size in microns) the stills pulled out from a Full HD video of a FF camera like D4s (with pixels as big as 7 or 8 microns) is almost of the same quality as the one from stills pulled out from 4K video of gh4?

Am I thinking correctly?

My obvious purpose is to find which camera is best only for pulling still frames from video.

Nikon D4s Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow