ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lilywh1te
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Filter size and 35mm equivalents
1 month ago

Hi All,

Just bought myself a new A6000 with 18-105 lens ands its great. However, I bought two 72mm filters yesterday and neither fit on the 72mm diameter thread of the 18-105 lens. I'm totally confused as to why. Any ideas? What size should I use?

Secondly, the 35mm equivalent of this lens should be 27mm correct!? 18 x 1.5 = 27. Well I tested the widest focal length against the 28mm of my RX100 and the RX100 is wider than the 27mm of this lens. The 18-105 is acting more like a 29mm in comparison to the RX100. Its frustrating because it I bought it because it was wider and yet had more reach than the RX100. Sony told me that this is because the RX100 is 10mm and the Sony is 18mm, but if their 35mm equivalents are correct then this makes no sense to me. One of them has the wrong 35mm equivalent I think. For my sake I hope the RX100 is actually more like a 26mm because I take a lot of landscape shots. Any ideas?

Thanks

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow