ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fullerms
Forum MemberPosts: 86Gear list
Like?
Help needed on a few duds
1 month ago

Hi all,

Need help with a few duds which I am not able to figure out. All photos shot with the E-M5 and the Oly 12-40. Handheld and no flash. Will appreciate constructive feedback and guidance on how to shoot better pictures with the E-M5  and 12-40 combo; especially in situations where the dynamic range is very high.

1. Sea dragon - Seemed to be in focus when I shot the picture, but looks like some thing is missing.

2. Another Sea dragon - Seemed to be in focus when I shot the picture, but looks like some thing is missing.

3. Eagle taking off - I like the lighting across the overall scene. However, the I feel the bird and its handler can be a bit brighter. How do I shoot in such conditions?

4. Eagle landing - I chose shutter priority and set a higher priority since I wanted to catch the bird in flight. However, the scene turned out pretty dark. How to shoot a better image?

5a. The conductor - Bumped up the ISO in order to capture the details in the low light areas, ended up in blowing up the brightly lit parts. Captured the "blue hour" of the sunset in the background, but the foreground is very bright,

5b. Same scene as 5a, but lowered the ISO to avoid blowing up the bright parts, but ended up losing detail in the darker areas. How do I shoot a balanced picture?

fullerms's gear list:fullerms's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow