Ozyxy wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Ozyxy wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

captura wrote:

Pepe-Lepue wrote:

I have the Sigma trilogy: 19mm f/2.8, 30mm f/2.8 and 60mm f/2.8

They are equivalent to 28mm, 45mm and 90mm FOVs.

I just love those Sigma lenses and couldn't live without them on my NEX-F3.

I also have the Samyang 8mm f/2.8 fisheye which is also wonderful. And I have read very good reviews about Samyang 12mm f/2

I got rid of my Sigma 30, but kept the 19 when I got the Touit 32. I loved that 30 and can say it compares well with my 32 with the exception of the 32 being one stop faster.
--
'I am ze locksmith of love, no?'
Stephen Reed

I have the great 30 but if I need bokeh I use the Sony 30 macro.

I plan to get the Sony 30 macro for macro photos... but I didn't know it had better bokeh, want to share an example photo?

It won't. Of the five 30-35mm lenses (E30, DN30, Touit 32, E35 and FE35), the best subject isolation possibility is with E35.

I see! Well after all the 30-35 lenses aren't well-suited for bokeh anyway, I use my Sigma 60mm f/2.8 when I want bokeh, or my vintage Jupiter-37A 135mm f/3.5

It is easy to get compression with longer FL, so obviously 60mm f/2.8 and (I used to have and loved it) Jupiter-37A would do so. But among the five normal FOV AF lenses, E35 will provide the most flexibility followed by Touit 32, FE 35, DN 30 and E 30 macro (in that order).

And, it is possible to get good subject isolation with 35/1.8 without moving very close (as would be needed with slower lenses, more so with shorter FL), and while the background won't be as compressed as longer FL would, you get more of the ambiance due to wider FOV:

35/1.8

This is why I like E 35 for people photography as well (wider FOV also makes room for off-center composition).

that photo is good makes me want to buy the 35/1.8 too

do you think the 35/1.8 has a place in the photo bag even though i have sigma 30/2.8?

It would be a redundant FL. If you get E35, don't see why you would need DN30. Might be better off complimenting E35 with DN19/E20 or E24 for wider FOV.

well the 30/2.8 is smaller but it isn't much difference. Yeah the E24 would be great to have, too bad it's more expensive!

the difference in size between the e35 and sigma 30 is so small its not even worth mentioning. both are very small lenses, even with hoods on. i just bought a used e35 and am testing it out this week. if it looks good i will sell the sigma. the sigma never gets much use anyway because i will use the zeiss 24mm most of the time.

I took the E30 out for some street shots to-day and it was meh-- nothing much. Where it really shone was with the Sony UWA on it. It transformed it into a wider bokeh machine that was also better at doing macros. I don't know why. But that same UWA also transforms the 16/2.8 from meh--- to something special.

I need to pursue that further and take more shots and post them. Effective FL is 22.5 mm.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow