Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rrccad
Senior MemberPosts: 3,505Gear list
Like?
This is all JackM's fault..
4 months ago

had a local sale on a DP2M so after Jack posted yet another glorious picture from his Merrill, I decided to stop hmm'ing about it and just get it.

I have to admit - I don't think i'll ever ever EVER again complain about my canon M's being kludgy and slow.

This reminds me of a old Hassy 645.  you don't take it out to impress the girls, take lots of pictures with, spray and pray.  No - you take it out to get that one shot which you can sit back with a beer in your hand when it's up on the wall and sigh with satisfaction.

hmm looks okay .. wait what.. how many shots out of this battery?!

the results? well just did a quick walkaround.. I will have to shoot more and explore when I have more than 70 shots on a battery .. however I'm liking what I see - except - I can't get SPP to show all my drives My computer shows nothing underneath  *grr*

i think i'm going to like this ..

the clarity is just stunning .. once you hit your head against a brick wall over SPP.. I just love it .. closest thing to "being there" that I've seen out of anything not called medium format.

I have a 4000km trip coming up in two weeks - this is certainly going to see alot of canada!

rrccad's gear list:rrccad's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow