Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ZionImage
Regular MemberPosts: 303
Like?
Timing to trade in D800 for D810?
4 months ago

Hi, I'm considering to trade in my D800 for D810.  I don't have much experience trading in cameras especially such a new one.  I still have my old Hasselblad system even though I haven't use it for over 15 years.  I think it might be time to free up my closest space.    I understand that the longer I wait the less I could get from my D800.  At the same time, D810 will get cheaper too.  From your experience, would it make more financial sense to trade in now or wait until D810 prices drop?  What would you suggest is the right timing?

Any options or suggestions would be appreciated.

PS.  Yes, I do run into limitations with my D800 and hope to be solved by D810. (based on reviews, it seems like the case.)   Yes, I'm looking for the best ROI and don't buy a new camera just because it is a new toy.  And I appreciate we don't sidetrack the discussion on why upgrade.

-- hide signature --

Just trying to improve my draft one image at a time
You could check our more of my photos at http://www.joshuaphotographystudio.com

Nikon D800 Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow