ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
aruk5
Regular MemberPosts: 111
Like?
E-PM2 Sensor Vs. E-M5 sensor - IQ
4 months ago

Hi All!

I have been using an E-M5 for almost a year now and very happy with it. I want to go for an additional oly m4/3 body having the same sensor as the E-M5 and from the present lot the cheapest one seems to be the E-PM2. Now Olympus claims that the E-PM2 has the same 16 MP Primary color filter based sensor (with weak optical pass quality filter) as E-M5. Now I wish to ask those who already own an E-PM2 and E-M5 whether the image quality in both of them is the same or are there some quality differences in output. Just to make it clear I agree the E-M5 is overall a far superior camera to the E-PM2 due to lots of extras built into it but ignoring all that if purely comparing based on the same sensor been used do the image quality match or due to some reason (which Olympus hasnt told us) has resulted in some reduction in image quality?

Olympus PEN E-PM2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow