Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ajendus
Regular MemberPosts: 102Gear list
Like?
Architectural Photography: Merits of Medium Format vs. DSLR
4 months ago

Hi all... I'm curious to hear people's thought about what system would be ideal for professional architectural photography. I'm in charge of a team who will be documenting the construction of building  over the next few years. We'll be filming mostly but also will need to do some high quality photography.

Budget isn't an issue per se; we are looking for the right tools for the job. But I don't want to spend money for the sake of spending it. It has been discussed that we use medium format for the photos but we've also considered high resolution DSLRs like the Nikon D810. Given its 36mp, it is giving us just about as much resolution was we need but a little more portability and flexibility than medium format.

On the other hand, it has been suggested that the 16-bit color that we get some medium format is crucial to our endeavor as well as the sheer quality of medium format.

I have limited experience with medium format so any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Any thoughts?

-- hide signature --

-A

ajendus's gear list:ajendus's gear list
Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow