Re: a6000 Prime Lenses
In reply to EinsteinsGhost, 1 month ago

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

captura wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

captura wrote:

Pepe-Lepue wrote:

I have the Sigma trilogy: 19mm f/2.8, 30mm f/2.8 and 60mm f/2.8

They are equivalent to 28mm, 45mm and 90mm FOVs.

I just love those Sigma lenses and couldn't live without them on my NEX-F3.

I also have the Samyang 8mm f/2.8 fisheye which is also wonderful. And I have read very good reviews about Samyang 12mm f/2

I got rid of my Sigma 30, but kept the 19 when I got the Touit 32. I loved that 30 and can say it compares well with my 32 with the exception of the 32 being one stop faster.
--
'I am ze locksmith of love, no?'
Stephen Reed

I have the great 30 but if I need bokeh I use the Sony 30 macro.

I plan to get the Sony 30 macro for macro photos... but I didn't know it had better bokeh, want to share an example photo?

It won't. Of the five 30-35mm lenses (E30, DN30, Touit 32, E35 and FE35), the best subject isolation possibility is with E35.

Can you show any evidence of that?

Look at the image in my post right above yours. Extreme close up is not the best representative of subject isolation possibilities. For that reason, consider these two:

E 35 at f/2.8, Close up

The above isn't taken wide open at f/1.8 since the DOF would be thinner than I would like it to be in this situation. But, getting close enabled the blur, which is what you expect from the macro as well. Here is another:

E 35, @ f/4

The above (b/w) image presents a shallow DOF even at f/4, but by virtue of me getting as close to the butterfly on the ground as possible. However, when shooting portraits for example, this is not an option, which is where E 35 can be used to compose with reasonable subject isolation at f/1.8-2 as in the link above.

The E30 by the nature of it being a macro lens has a very narrow depth of field. Furthermore, the bokeh which results outside the subject isolation is quite pleasant.

And by mounting the VCL-ECU1 UWA, this becomes beautifully enhanced...quite unusual for a lens with an effective DOF of only 22.5mm (34mm in 35mm equivalent terms.)

Interestingly enough, the ECU1 also mounts on E35. However, in this case, the IQ is lost.

I did NOT discuss bokeh being taken while doing macro. You missed my point.

I don't believe the UWA will mount on the E35. It will however mount on the E20 as well as the E16.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow