Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
danielmclaren
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
Minimalistic hardware pictures
4 months ago

Handheld (except moth), no flash, SX50. I would love a DSLR but I cant carry 10 kilos stuff on the mountains, and I can't spend $10.000= on that =/  . I am looking to see what SX60 has to offer but I really dont expect much.  In the mean while ...

No matter you are shooting the most common bird on North America (in Costa Rica it is a very rare species!), some unexpected moments will put some spice to your photo.

With some extra work, you can take macro to the next level, using some stacking for that. This moth is 2 cms size

Very small detail on landscapes is also another problem on SX50, but you can fix that trying an eye catching  panorama. Your friends wont even try to enlarge the image to realize those houses on far are quite blurred  

Selective focusing is also an option for those using a point and shoot camera. Not easy not powerful as a DSLR, though ...

Some times 50X is just not enough, so the secret lays on get as closer as possible to the subjetc. This is the shy Green Ibis, shot from 4 mts of distance

Canon SX50 is a TERRIBLY slow camera, but there are still some chances to get something on the fly. It is a 7 cms Black-crested Coquette humm

1 cm size poisonous frog, Costa Rica rainforest, with Raynox macro filter

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow