Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
veroman
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,377Gear list
Like?
Struggling ...
4 months ago

I haven't posted here in awhile ... not since purchasing an E-P5 and using it practically every single day.  I've not really used my E-5 since acquiring the E-P5 and have considered selling it along with my wonderful Zuiko lenses, i.e. 14-54 Mk 1, 50mm f/2. I also own and use the E-PM2, about as perfect a travel camera as I've ever owned.

But ... I can't seem to part with my E-5. I haven't even tried. The thought of giving up such a fine camera ... which, in some ways is still better than the E-P5 and most other cameras I've owned over the years ... just makes me nuts. And yet, I haven't used it. Not once. "Why keep it?," I ask myself.  "Because I love it," is my answer. "But you're not using it," I repeat to myself. "So what?," I answer. "I love it."

I'm sure I'm not the only one who goes through this mentally taxing routine. This morning I decided to look into the going prices for E-5s in 9+ condition like mine (with grip), then took a look at some E-5 files from the past few years and decided I couldn't give it up.

Back and forth, back and forth ... struggling. Amazing that a camera ... any camera ... can have such a hold on its owner.

-- hide signature --

SteveG
'When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.'
— Found in a Chinese Fortune Cookie
www.stephenmichaelgarey.com

veroman's gear list:veroman's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Canon EOS 40D Olympus E-1 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow