HowTo? Disable "Long Exposure Noise Reduction" on Quattro? Not possible?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
l_d_allan
Senior MemberPosts: 2,260Gear list
Like?
HowTo? Disable "Long Exposure Noise Reduction" on Quattro? Not possible?
2 months ago

Is there a setting to disable "Long Exposure Noise Reduction" (LENR) on the Quattro?

I understand that LENR improves image quality, but it slows things down when I'm using trial-and-error to estimate exposure at night.

TMI?
I often take 30 second exposures, and that generally takes about 70 seconds overall ... 30 second exposure + 30 seconds for "dark frame LENR", and then 5 to 10 seconds to process and save to the SD card.

I'd like to be able to disable LENR, especially when I'm trying to figure out the proper exposure in high contrast scenes. My experience is that in low light at night, the Preview histogram may not be all that accurate. My practice is to set ISO to 400 at f2.8, and take a bracketed HDR at 8s, 15s, and 30s. From that, I can usually get a useful estimate of what the ETTR exposure will be for ISO 100 and F4 to f8.

l_d_allan's gear list:l_d_allan's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ47 Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 600D +22 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow