Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sgm122
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
70D noise and vertical lines (banding)?
1 month ago

I just bought a 70D for video use and was testing it for the first time in my room only to find some pretty noticeable noise and vertical lines (banding i think?) in dark/ under exposed situations, even at ISO 100. With well exposed images its fine, though it can still be seen if there are any shadows in the scene. It can be seen most when the computer brightness is at 70% or more.

Is this normal for the 70D or am I just unlucky with this one? I had a 600D and though the noise was pretty bad on its videos it never gave any annoying vertical lines :/

ISO 100, shocking amount of noise on the laptop for this ISO

ISO 100, pretty noisy and banding on the wall (its a lot more noticeable in the video than stills)

ISO 100, again noise and banding on the wall.

Like I said, when its well exposed, even with the ISO turned up the noise level is ok, but as I do a lot of music gigs and events videos I deal with a lot of dark scenes, so this will be a pretty bad problem if theres nothing that can fix it :/

Any help appreciated!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow