Where do you think Canon Current Sensors (up till Aug 2014) stand among Competition

Started 3 months ago | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Avobanana
Regular MemberPosts: 368Gear list
Like?
Where do you think Canon Current Sensors (up till Aug 2014) stand among Competition
3 months ago

There has been a lot of flak for a poll on 7D Mark II sensor. All I can say is that wasn't my intention and I won't keep feeding arguments in that thread.

Some people may think I am baised and slanted with a hidden agenda with that thread so lets start talk about what everyone wants to talk about in a fresh and unbiased setting. I am more interested to know what most Canon users think than to argue about facts here.

I am trying to use very neutral terms here just to get what the concensus is so it may sound vargue. In this Canon forum we are bound to see a little bit of a skewed result but it will be interesting what the general perspective nonetheless.

Don't ask me to define "better" or "worse" as that will never end. You can rate either based on your personal impression (based on online comparisons etc) or actual experience on it. In some performance attributes the Canon maybe stronger, some maybe worse, but you can rate based on what is important to you.

I think its also important to specify whether you have actually used them both because there has been a lot of hearsay that will be doubtedly be skewing the results.

Avobanana's gear list:Avobanana's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R Nikon D810 Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM +4 more
POLL
Canon is better than Sony Exmor - (No experience with both Sensors)
0.0% 0  votes
Canon is better than Sony Exmor - (Have experience with both Sensors)
0.0% 0  votes
Canon is on par with Sony Exmor - (No experience with both Sensors)
0.0% 0  votes
Canon is on par with Sony Exmor - (Have experience with both Sensors)
5.9% 1  vote
Canon is worse than Sony Exmor - (No experience with both Sensors)
11.8% 2  votes
Canon is worse than Sony Exmor - (Have experience with both Sensors)
47.1% 8  votes
I don't really care - (No experience with both Sensors)
5.9% 1  vote
I don't really care - (Have experience with both Sensors)
23.5% 4  votes
What are you talking about?
5.9% 1  vote
  Show results
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow