Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mike
Contributing MemberPosts: 634
Like?
Canon SX510hs, passing on a positive note
2 months ago

I was in a Best Buy the other day looking for a new alarm/radio.  I walked past the cameras and on the end was the little Canon and the matching Nikon (850 I think).  I came home and looked for reviews and found mixed reviews, some marginal and some fairly good. With the Canon beating out the Nikon in ISO control and overall sharpness.

I went back the next day and bought one.  Hard to pass up a "fairly" modern camera for $199.  All I can say is, for $199, this is a fine little camera.  The low light that most seemed to complain about, doesn't seem to really be a problem if you know what to do.  Even on "auto", the end result is pretty nice.  While maybe not quite as good overall as my G-15...it's NOT that far off.  Even the noise is well controlled (without being "over done"), at least up to the 800 ISO I tried out.

If you may be in the market for a tiny, cheap Canon with a fairly long lens, this may be a good choise.

Mike

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow