Nikon 1.8g's vs Sigma 1.4 Art Series

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
thelenspainter
Contributing MemberPosts: 734Gear list
Like?
Re: Am I the only one who feels this way?
In reply to HSway, 2 months ago

Yes thank you for your feedback, and those are the obvious components of thorough testing. What I mean are the things nobody ever talks about: test distances and viewing conditions. How far away is the subject, exactly? Where did you focus? Then when viewing the results, what type of display was used? Was it viewed on Retina at 240 ppi? Regular display 110 ppi? 100% pixel zoom? 200%? How much capture sharpening was used? As you can see there are many variables and these can drastically affect perceived sharpness because of the way the brain processes images.

Anyhow, I am not enjoying your tone and insinuations. Whether that is due to language difficulties I don't know (English is my second language too and I don't use that as an excuse). So I am disengaging from this discussion. Thanks for your time!

thelenspainter's gear list:thelenspainter's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow