ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
badperson
New MemberPosts: 11Gear list
Like?
OMD EM1 : yet another lens recommendation Q
1 month ago

Hey,

Last year I upgraded my digital camera to an EM1 and I took a great trip to India. I am normally a fine-art street photo type, and have pretty much always just used one fixed lens, a l-x025. I took that (and only that) lens on my trip, and while I got some images I liked, I felt that for a travel photo thing I was limited by that lens. For interior spaces a wide angle lens would have helped a great deal, and for certain outdoor/wildlife settings a good zoom would have been helpful.

Did some googling and came across this page with some lens recommendations. Thought I might grab a Olympus 12mm f/2.0 and a Panasonic 100-300mm f/4.0-5.6.

I am going to Spain later this year and want to make sure I am well armed. My main Q was re the wide angle. The review here showed some nice images, but nothing along the lines of images from a somewhat enclosed space. Will the 12mm achieve that? I am thinking mainly of church/castle interiors and the like.

What do you guys think?

Also...as an aside...if you hate each and every one of your images and think you totally suck and should probably just hand over your camera bag to the first grade school kid you come across...the thing to do there is shoot and practice more, right? just checking...:-P

badperson's gear list:badperson's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow