Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Digetydog
Senior MemberPosts: 1,337Gear list
Like?
Ghost Image and first attemp at HDR
3 months ago

After my father decided that he didn't need, want his Manfrotto tripod, he gave it to me.  While my daughter was playing in the yard, I decided to learn how it worked and how to adjust it.  For the most part, things went well and I quickly learned how useful a Tripod will be for me as my children grow up.  I will; however, want to replace the "three way" head with something lighter.

When I loaded the images onto LR, I found the following strange image.  Looking at the EXIF data, I cannot understand what caused the ghost images.  Any ideas?

Time Lapse?

2nd: I have been interested in trying HDR shots.  This was my first attempt.  My neighbor is rebuilding his shed and had his old tractor parked in his back yard.  I decided to use it as a subject.

1) Took 3 shot bracketed burst,

2) Loaded photos in to LR

3) Exported to PS for HDR Merge

4) For some reason, PS wouldn't save the new picture as RAW.  It saved as .tiff.  (Is that normal")

Questions:

1) Should I have tried to "develop" all three photos in LR before I moved them to PS?

2) I intentionally shot a 200mm b/c the neighbor's old tractor looked interesting.  Looking at the original raw files, I can see a lack of detail on the name of the tractor. From the HDR shot, it seems to have cleared up.  Is that normal?

3) I noticed a little blur on the front, top edge of the tractor.  I assume this was caused by my finger hitting the shutter.  I assume that using LiveView and/or the remote might help with this?

Thanks and be nice. It is literally my first attempt.

First HDR Attempt

Digetydog's gear list:Digetydog's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +6 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow