ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Arkazex
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Hacking the FujiFilm FinePix s3300
1 month ago

Hello everyone,

I have seen several threads here about the FujiFilm FinePix S3300, although many of them are very old and I figured it would be better to start a new thread instead of trying to revive the old one, but anyways, I've been digging around and I'm looking to see if there's a way to add additional features to the camera through firmware hacks, or external scripts.

There are several modifications like this available to Canon cameras, but I haven't seen any for Fuji cameras even though there are many of the same features in place.  I was able to get custom scripts executed on the camera (Programmed in basic, see this external post), but I have no idea what to do with this new found functionality.

Also, somebody was able to download, and decrypt the firmware (see this other external post), and somebody said they saw additional pieces of functionality that existed within the camera, but were not implemented within the user interface.

So a summary of what I found out, was that there is existing and easily accessible scripting functionality within the camera, and it is possible to create a "hacked" version of the firmware and download it to the device, however there is absolutely no documentation on this camera and that makes things harder to program.

If anybody here has any ideas on how to go deeper with this, I would love to hear them.  Also, if anybody knows where I could download the latest firmware for the s3300 to try and modify, that would be nice too (The link I found earlier is dead).  Thanks in advance,

- Nicholas

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow