Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tony field
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,860
Like?
Evening walkabout
1 month ago

Walkabout shooting of "random" images can be often gratifying when you can capture that single magic moment that captures something important to your eye.  Normally, I find this hard to do -- my real success rate is rather low.   However, I do like to shoot "stories" - the story could be a dance production, a fashion set, a sporting event, or almost anything with a consistent theme.  The up side of this is that a number of decent images may be collected for the story.  The down side is maybe a single "magic" image may not be found.

Here is a story about a walkabout with my dear friends Kat and Dmitry.  We spent an hour walking about downtown Calgary at 11 pm.  In spite of having a population of over a million people, Calgary is rather dead at night (except Friday and Saturday nights).  However, this makes it quite nice to actually appreciate the city - people do not get in the way.   I posted two images from this set a while ago - however this set gives the full context of the delightful evening.

All images shot with the 35mm 1.4.  With inappropriate attention to focusing, it is easy to get images that are miss-focused ... as in this first shot

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow