Olympus E-PM2 Actual ISO vs IS0 set in camera?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Leo
Leo
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,906
Like?
Olympus E-PM2 Actual ISO vs IS0 set in camera?
1 month ago

I am sorry to start the well beaten subject...

I have two 4/3 cameras: Olympus E-PM2 and Panasonic GX1. On ISO graph by dxomark.com for these two cameras the E-PM2 actual ISO is about half of what it set in camera (for ISO set to1600 the actual ISO is 800), while the actual and set in camera ISO for GX1 are equal. All the above measurements apply to RAW settings as DXO test the sensor.

As I have two cameras one, which perfectly match the set and actual ISO (GX1) and one with the actual ISO only half of the set ISO, I decided to test if there is any difference in the exposure between these two camera.

I have set the cameras to the same ISO, aperture, expose compensation and exposure metering and photographed the xRite White Card filling the viewfinder. The two cameras showed identical shutter speed. I have opened the images in the Lightroom and the RGB readings for both images were the same within few percent points difference.

I do trust DXO, however … my test does not follows the DXO statement.

Leo

Olympus PEN E-PM2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow