Purchase decision - Pentax Limited lens or Fuji XM-1 ??

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rsenk19
Regular MemberPosts: 223Gear list
Like?
Purchase decision - Pentax Limited lens or Fuji XM-1 ??
4 months ago

Hi,

I got a cheque for $500. I had made my mind to go for HD 35mm macro limited to use with my K5IIs. One of my friend who has recently converted to higher end Fuji camera suggested me to invest that $500 "wisely" in getting one Fuji XM-1 along with the 16-50mm kit lens which is coming around $480. His claim was Fuji produces the bestJ PEG colors which will be much helpful as a second body to my Pentax as well as family portraits. Also the claim of him is is Fuji produces nice skin tones.

I am little confused as there is a general understanding that Fuji produces the best OOC JPEG colors, should I go for Fuji XM-1 instead of  my long wished 35mm macro limited for better JPEG colors?

As a Pentax user, how do I produce better skin tones of family portraits than Fuji camera?

Note : I don`t shoot with RAW. I almost shoot with JPEG as default.

Before the summer offer is over, I have to decide.:-|

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Senthil
A great photograph is about depth of feeling, not depth of field - Peter Adams

rsenk19's gear list:rsenk19's gear list
Pentax K-x Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc DA 40mm F2.8 Limited Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +7 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow