Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
steve vida
Regular MemberPosts: 352Gear list
Like?
A7 ..Landscapes with 10-18F4
3 months ago

I managed to escape the city for a week & visited the New England region of New South Wales.A day was spent at the New England National Park outside of a small town called Ebor.The park reaches close to 2,000 meters in places with a view from Point Lookout spanning 100 miles of coast.Alas the park is enclosed in cloud over 200 days a year.The park

Arctic Beech

also has a stand of Arctic Beech that date back to Goonwannaland when Australia was connected to Antartica & South America.

I usually prefer overcast weather for rainforest photos,the contrast being too high with pools of direct sun & dark shadows.The 10-18 SEL is the widest angle lens I have ever owned but the fact that it works well on FF as well as ASP-C was the main factor of buying a UWA.I used HDR processing with Photomatix from 3 ABE @ 2-3 EV bracket.They still needed some work in LR & used LR`s lens correction.Iam fairly happy with the lenses performance & think that most of the colour issues are from the HDR process.I also used smaller F-stops than usual to maximise DOF.All the photos were taken at 800 ISO & either 14 or 15 mm. with no filters or lens hood.

Point Lookout.

Tree Fern

Wildflowers.

steve vida's gear list:steve vida's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +6 more
Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow