Mum needs good basic guide to photog & pocket digital camera, any ideas?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Arnam
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Mum needs good basic guide to photog & pocket digital camera, any ideas?
2 months ago

Hi, I hope someone can help me here.

My parents are elderly and not adroit with digital technologies. My lovely dad wanted to buy mum the best compact camera (they are still deeply in love after 60 years married). So Dad bought mum a Leica V Lux 30 a few years back. Neither they, nor me know anything about digital cameras or photography. Mum has experience with basic photography some years back when she used an early model digital camera, some years old. It was big and heavy., but mum really got a hell of a lot of pleasure photographing life around her and using her creativity. She would love to learn how to use her camera. Dad wanted to buy mum something easy to move around with, particularly as she now suffers from a very bad back condition.

Can anyone suggest a basic beginners guide, a book and / or website? What would suit my mum best I think would be step-by-step lessons she can do in her own time. Particularly geared towards people with no understanding of photography or digital cameras.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in anticipation of a reply/s

Arna

ps, we live in Melbourne, Australia.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow