Nikon 1.8g's vs Sigma 1.4 Art Series

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
HSway
Senior MemberPosts: 2,696
Like?
Re: Am I the only one who feels this way?
In reply to thelenspainter, 2 months ago

thelenspainter wrote:

Having said all that, by no means am I suggesting that Mike should stop - as I said in another post 'keep up the good work'. I have learned a huge amount from his posts since joining this forum

Since joining the forum says little as many are joining several times. So we might have even spoken, say, about nanocoating sort of prior to that.

and very few people take as much time as he does to write extensive posts on various subjects.

Yes, you said it many times.

My main suggestion to Mike would be to post more (yes, more!) background information on the testing conditions he uses so that people who want to replicate it can do so, and people who are reading it can better decide whether those conditions will apply to their shooting.

Well you use the tripod (he uses a big one), shoot with mirror up with still winds (you don’t press the shutter by your finger, stands to reason), you ensure the focus is spot on (it won’t be pdAF) and you repeat. You do comparable samples at specific distance and apply same settings for given tests (WB for example). And then come the observations in various shooting conditions. Nothing very special except that you pay attention to the lens behaviour as well.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow