Photokina's in 30 days - what are you most excited about?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jonathan Brady
Senior MemberPosts: 1,861Gear list
Like?
Photokina's in 30 days - what are you most excited about?
1 month ago

I guess I should say... what RUMOR(S) are you most excited about?

My guess is most will say the 7D replacement - this is the prosumer/pro APSC Canon forum afterall.  So, let's just say that's a given for most.  If this is your number one answer, what's the second?

For me, I'm actually looking forward to a BUNCH of people being wrong about the 7D replacement.  For some reason, I just want to see a whole slew of people who proclaim to KNOW things actually be wrong.  The last time I wanted this was when people left and right were proclaiming the EOS M line to be dead.  And then Canon announced the M2 and all those people disappeared  The world was a better place.  Obviously this is the reverse of that, people saying something IS coming as opposed to not coming.  But still.    lol

My true excitement lies with whatever lens(es) they may announce and/or unexpected technology (DPAF was totally unexpected).  I honestly will not be looking to buy another camera until they launch an M with DPAF and/or a FF version of the 70D.  So lenses are where it's at for me right now and I'd love a stabilized 50 and 85  I hope those are in the works.

Additionally, I'm interested to see what Sigma has up their sleeve.  Something, certainly.  Right?  (yes, I've seen the rumors about their 2 supposed lenses - neither does anything for me).

After that, just cool tech.  I like tech, it's fun

The rumor mills are supposed to start going into overdrive in about 3 weeks, right?

Jonathan Brady's gear list:Jonathan Brady's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +12 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow