Nikon 1.8g's vs Sigma 1.4 Art Series

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
draculr
Regular MemberPosts: 163Gear list
Like?
Re: Am I the only one who feels this way?
In reply to thelenspainter, 4 months ago

thelenspainter wrote:

Hey Mike, I really appreciate you allocating that much of your time just to respond to one of my posts! And your rational good-natured responses are what earn the respect of myself (and others I'm guessing), even though my post (reading it back now) came across a bit more critical than I meant it.

I do stand by my statements that some of your observations I have been completely unable to replicate, simply because the conditions are not the same and I don't know how you tested. I guess the take away from that is what you do frequently say - do your own testing. Everything posted by anyone on here is ultimately just an opinion, no matter how informed.

I've only been using Nikon gear for a few short years, but in that time I've already learned that I have to continuously reevaluate my own assessment of things. For example, the past few days I learned that under my specific testing conditions, the 28 1.8G has very similar performance to the 24-120 at 28mm! I never would have picked that. There really is no substitute for owning a lens and using it yourself. No amount of reviews, opinions, forum debates etc can take the place of that experience.

Hey with the 28 1.8g, I've read in a few reviews that the focus ring has some "slack" in it? That you can move it around 2mm before anything happens.

Can you comment on how accurate the focus ring is compared to the 85 1.8g?

-- hide signature --
 draculr's gear list:draculr's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7S Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow