Nikon 1.8g's vs Sigma 1.4 Art Series

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
thelenspainter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,079Gear list
Like?
Re: Am I the only one who feels this way?
In reply to anotherMike, 4 months ago

Hey Mike, I really appreciate you allocating that much of your time just to respond to one of my posts! And your rational good-natured responses are what earn the respect of myself (and others I'm guessing), even though my post (reading it back now) came across a bit more critical than I meant it.

I do stand by my statements that some of your observations I have been completely unable to replicate, simply because the conditions are not the same and I don't know how you tested. I guess the take away from that is what you do frequently say - do your own testing. Everything posted by anyone on here is ultimately just an opinion, no matter how informed.

I've only been using Nikon gear for a few short years, but in that time I've already learned that I have to continuously reevaluate my own assessment of things. For example, the past few days I learned that under my specific testing conditions, the 28 1.8G has very similar performance to the 24-120 at 28mm! I never would have picked that. There really is no substitute for owning a lens and using it yourself. No amount of reviews, opinions, forum debates etc can take the place of that experience.

thelenspainter's gear list:thelenspainter's gear list
Nikon D600 Sony a6000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow