Started 4 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Paul D Amos
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Pretty ordinary
4 months ago

My wife wanted a new camera before we went on an overseas trip late last year.  She knew exactly what she wanted.  It had to be compact, white, have a grip and a reasonably long telephoto.  Image quality was not a consideration!  This camera gets pretty good reviews.  It got damaged last week, with some pressure on the the lens protector cover, thus it is refusing to fully retract.  Thank God.  I'll be glad to see it go.  Even after pumping up the screen to full brightness, it is almost impossible to see in bright sunshine, and definitely worse than the  Canon G15 I own.  The zoom is just plain silly.  Cameras like this are almost impossible to hold steady with the zoom extended.  The result is mostly unsharp photos.  But even when they are sharp, the IQ is still  well below what I would consider acceptable. And unless you set the camera to the stupidly named "Happy" setting, the colour and contrast of the images are very flat.

I'm  just hoping that Canon, Fuji or maybe Olympus release something like the Panasonic LF1 in white, with a grip  and even a modest EVF so that I can appease my wife and  live with her photos.

Paul D Amos's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
weak
Action / sports
poor
Landscapes / scenery
acceptable
Portraits
acceptable
Low light (without flash)
mediocre
Flash photography (social)
acceptable
Studio / still life
poor
= community average
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow