HowTo? Find EXIF that indicates what Quattro "Tone Control" option in effect?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
l_d_allan
Senior MemberPosts: 2,205Gear list
Like?
HowTo? Find EXIF that indicates what Quattro "Tone Control" option in effect?
2 months ago

I'm unclear how to determine what DP2-Quattro setting for "Tone Control" was in effect for a specific image. The options are "OFF", "MILD", and "STRONG".

The information box for SPP has OFF and ON for "Exposure Correction" which I suppose corresponds to the camera setting for "Overexposure Correction". However, it seems to change based on changing a setting in SPP. I suppose that isn't unexpected.

There is a field for "Highlight Control" in the SPP Information, but it seems to stay at 0.0, and not be associated with "Tone Control".

I can try to be organized and remember just what settings we in effect, but it would be much easier if EXIF was available. As a "hold-your-nose-work-around", I have taken captures sequences of:

1. OFF - OFF
  2. OFF - Mild
  3. OFF - Strong
  4. ON - OFF
  5. ON - Mild
  6. ON - Strong
  7. Dark frame f22 1/2000 as separator

I'm trying to look a EXIF fields with ExifTool, but unclear how to do that. This may be a "Maker's Field" that isn't all that well documented.

My speculation is that "Tone Control" is for JPEG and doesn't apply to RAW. Or not?

However, when I look at images with RawDigger, there does seem to be differences in RAW images with Tone Control set to OFF / MILD / STRONG. That may be "operator error" with less than consistent lighting ... my bad?

l_d_allan's gear list:l_d_allan's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ47 Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 600D +22 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sigma DP2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow