Contributing MemberPosts: 946
Like?
Re: 28, 35 and 85
In reply to draculr, 1 month ago

draculr wrote:

Stacey_K wrote:

draculr wrote:

Stacey_K wrote:

These are all good, especially when you take into consideration their weight and cost. I would skip the 50 1.8g, the nervous bokeh is a deal breaker for me at this focal length.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

How's the 50 1.4g? I was under the assumption that the 1.4g was more nervous which was why I was leaning toward the 1.8g!

-- hide signature --

Neither have good bokeh unfortunately. The non-art 50 sigma seems pretty good but isn't a light lens either. The 58 is more of a specialty lens and I don't want to open up that can of worms comparing it to "nifty 50's" but it is fairly light and has really smooth bokeh. It is expensive though.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

That sucks. I might take the chance with the 50mm 1.8g anyway, 50mm is probably my least used focal length and it's a nice cheap lens.

I'm much more concerned if the 28mm 1.8g doesn't live up to expectations. I really would love for something to go well with my 85mm 1.8g which is such a sweet lens - hoping the 28mm 1.8g is just that!

-- hide signature --

The 50 f1.8 g is a lot better if you stop it down to 2.8 instead of shooting it wide open. I don't use mine wide open very often. Most of the time I stop down to around f4 to F8 for more DOF.

I was checking out the 35mm and 50mm art lenses but they seem to be a bit big to be honest. I'm not too sure what I would gain from one and I like the results from the 50mm 1.8 g most of the time.

I shot these today with the 50mm 1.8g

Nice light lens even on a D800. I still wouldn't mind trying the 50mm f1.4g just to see how it does as it is still rather light.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow