Senior MemberPosts: 1,022
Like?
Re: 28, 35 and 85
In reply to draculr, 6 months ago

draculr wrote:

Stacey_K wrote:

draculr wrote:

Stacey_K wrote:

These are all good, especially when you take into consideration their weight and cost. I would skip the 50 1.8g, the nervous bokeh is a deal breaker for me at this focal length.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

How's the 50 1.4g? I was under the assumption that the 1.4g was more nervous which was why I was leaning toward the 1.8g!

-- hide signature --

Neither have good bokeh unfortunately. The non-art 50 sigma seems pretty good but isn't a light lens either. The 58 is more of a specialty lens and I don't want to open up that can of worms comparing it to "nifty 50's" but it is fairly light and has really smooth bokeh. It is expensive though.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

That sucks. I might take the chance with the 50mm 1.8g anyway, 50mm is probably my least used focal length and it's a nice cheap lens.

I'm much more concerned if the 28mm 1.8g doesn't live up to expectations. I really would love for something to go well with my 85mm 1.8g which is such a sweet lens - hoping the 28mm 1.8g is just that!

-- hide signature --

The 50 f1.8 g is a lot better if you stop it down to 2.8 instead of shooting it wide open. I don't use mine wide open very often. Most of the time I stop down to around f4 to F8 for more DOF.

I was checking out the 35mm and 50mm art lenses but they seem to be a bit big to be honest. I'm not too sure what I would gain from one and I like the results from the 50mm 1.8 g most of the time.

I shot these today with the 50mm 1.8g

Nice light lens even on a D800. I still wouldn't mind trying the 50mm f1.4g just to see how it does as it is still rather light.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow