Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lanidrac
Senior MemberPosts: 2,759
Like?
Do you suffer from Pixpeepitus?
2 months ago

My horrible affliction started when I got into digital photography around 1998 using the 1.3 and 1.6 MP digicams. 'Pixpeepitus' is a habitual, confusing condition. It usually begins after years of being programmed to always photograph at the lowest possible ISO due to the inferior ISO performance of older digicams that the user has owned while reading many fellow user 'testimonials' of their own cameras. It causes folks like me complete agony because this disease makes us forget that our newer higher ISO performing camera CAN make great photos at higher ISO's. Years of using noisy/grainy ASA SLR films can also aggravate the condition.

My condition was made worse over the years by looking at too many photos at 100% on a computer screen to hunt down that dreaded photo-noise while also not printing out photos enough. When I captured a decent photo that was a little (or even a lot noisy) - it did not matter - it had noise in it - so it must be bad and must be deleted.

Is there a cure for Pixpeepitus? How do you become a 'Higher ISO' photographer and feel good about it? Is it possible to not always look at every photo at 100% view?? I cannot shoot at higher ISO's. I hope that one night in the future I can select a wide open aperture like F2.8 and ISO 1600. Maybe even 3200?! Can anyone help?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow