ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
robbo d
Senior MemberPosts: 1,088Gear list
Like?
Cheap FF bodies, which one???
4 months ago

Greetings team,

As you can see, I'm heavily invested in Pentax aps-c gear, but moving towards as much paid work as possible and can see the benefits of full frame, with the high iso, nice DOF 3D look, architecture work as well and dual card slots.

I live in Western Australia , which is a fairly wealthy mining area and there are many many used low mileage 5D's and 1D's plus D800's out here for sale at good prices with 24-105L's etc. (you know the sort... over paid people who now want to go overseas and bought the camera on a whim !!!)

I came from Canon 450D to Pentax and found the two systems compatible in terms of menu's etc and easy to go between. (Probably will run two systems.)

Question: Whats the essential differences between the 5d mk2 & 3 ? Any noticable IQ? (I don't give a continental about video)

...... and the benefits of them vs 1D mk2 or 3 ?

Canon L lenses are very good value on the used market compared to Pentax, so no issue picking up a bargain there.

Also is the 24-70 appreciably better that the 25-105 ? and are these lenses comparable to Canon primes?

Anything else I'm missing going from aps-c to FF ??

robbo d's gear list:robbo d's gear list
Pentax K-x Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 IIs Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +11 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow