Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
aruk5
Forum MemberPosts: 91
Like?
Any suggestions for Stabilising Nex-6 while shooting pics with manual lenses
1 month ago

The Nex-6 is a great camera and I love its evf! My only issue with it is lack of any inbody stabilisation (IBIS). Sure there are lenses for the emount with optical image stabilisation but what when we want to use legacy primes and shoot handheld at low shutter speeds in a low light condition? This is where I feel the Olympus Pen series have an advantage with their superb ibis (especialy the EM5). But problem with the Olympus Pen series are the smaller m4/5 sensor and lesser dynamic range (though inspite of that lots of pics come out great). Now I am aware of lots of external stabilisers available for Dslrs and some of which can be modified to fit the nex but they seem more designed for hand held video work and you get to see the video composited on the lcd screen. Now my query to all of you nice talented people out there is are there any affordable good quality external stabilisers out there which are small in size and specially designed for shooting pics, that is you can hold the camera close to your face and shoot the pic using the evf? Any recommendations will be highly appreciated!

Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow