Problems with Lumix GX7 + External Flash

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
mrc4nl
Regular MemberPosts: 222
Like?
Re: Problems with Lumix GX7 + External Flash
In reply to WC8, 2 months ago

now there is confusion about a wireless trigger.

if there is a wireless trigger/transmitter on the gx7 hotshoe, what is connected to the YN560?

• if you use a wireless transmitter on the gx7 hotshoe+ the built in receiver on the  off camera YN560: Set the flash to RX mode, + same channel on transmitter and flash.
  • if you have a wireless trigger mounted on the gx7 and a reciever mounted to the off camera YN560II the flash needs to be set at M mode.
  • if you have the flash mounted direcly on the gx7 hotshoe, use M mode on the 560III
    (m mode shoed work too if both flash and trigger are mounted on the gx7)
  • if you use the built in gx7 flash + TTL you need S2 mode on the off camera YN560
    (no luck for me. the YN560 fires too early.avoid the mode)
  • if you use the built in gx7 flash +manual fire mode setting on the gx7. Use S1 mode on the off camera YN560.(its the only way i can make it work via built in flash)

other that this i dont know whats causing the problem.maybe the flash has issue's.
in that case try a different flash.Its the best way if you want ttl anyway. Get a Nissin i40.
its smaller then the 560 ,has ttl+HSS too. it makes the camera more balanced

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow