Problems with Lumix GX7 + External Flash

Started Aug 14, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
mrc4nl
mrc4nl Regular Member • Posts: 353
Re: Problems with Lumix GX7 + External Flash

now there is confusion about a wireless trigger.

if there is a wireless trigger/transmitter on the gx7 hotshoe, what is connected to the YN560?

• if you use a wireless transmitter on the gx7 hotshoe+ the built in receiver on the  off camera YN560: Set the flash to RX mode, + same channel on transmitter and flash.
  • if you have a wireless trigger mounted on the gx7 and a reciever mounted to the off camera YN560II the flash needs to be set at M mode.
  • if you have the flash mounted direcly on the gx7 hotshoe, use M mode on the 560III
    (m mode shoed work too if both flash and trigger are mounted on the gx7)
  • if you use the built in gx7 flash + TTL you need S2 mode on the off camera YN560
    (no luck for me. the YN560 fires too early.avoid the mode)
  • if you use the built in gx7 flash +manual fire mode setting on the gx7. Use S1 mode on the off camera YN560.(its the only way i can make it work via built in flash)

other that this i dont know whats causing the problem.maybe the flash has issue's.
in that case try a different flash.Its the best way if you want ttl anyway. Get a Nissin i40.
its smaller then the 560 ,has ttl+HSS too. it makes the camera more balanced

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
WC8
WC8
WC8
WC8
WC8
WC8
WC8
WC8
WC8
WC8
WC8
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow