Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RicksAstro
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,417Gear list
Like?
Watkins Glen with the 10-24
1 month ago

Visited this park the other day and took the opportunity to try out my new Tokina variable ND filter with the Fuji 10-24 to get some waterfall shots. This was my first time using an ND filter, so it took a little extra time to get everything set up just right.

The CS6 raw was garbage with these...looked OK at 50%, but anything larger looked artificial. So I processed the shots in Capture One 7, which handled the rocks and foliage without any issue. I used CS6 for the remainder of the processing.

For the first Down-looking picture, I combined 4 3 second shots in CS6 to give an effective 12 second exposure. For the side-looking shot, I combined 2x 2.5 second shots. This image was very difficult on dynamic range since the sun was directly shining on the water, I should have bracketed, but live and learn.

Anyway, I loved the rendering of the 10-24...super sharp and all I can ask for in a super-wide. The second shot is a bit cropped to get rid of the wind-blown foreground leaves.

-- hide signature --
Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow