Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
slr maniac
Junior MemberPosts: 39
Like?
A7r successor: When will we see it?
4 months ago

I am about to jump all in on mirror less cameras and will be picking up a Sony. I am going to bypass the E mounts and go straight to full frame.

I am chomping at the bit to get a camera and great lens in my hands. I think I want to go the A7r route. What I don't want to do is purchase an A7r and then in September have the successor named. Sony is nuts how fast they release cameras and new technology. I love it!

My only concerns are at the moment giving over $2,000 for a camera that can take 4 fps. Granted, the camera is not a 1DX meant for sports but that is where my mirror less will end up (a second body to the 1DX for unclose moments at night).

Please don't flame me but I am wondering when you expect a successor to be named? If we think it is going to be 6 months I may go ahead and make my purchase.

Can anyone throw out a lens recommendation that would be close to a Canon 24-70mm 2.8 or a 16-35mm 2.8?

Many thanks and this is one DSLR guy that sees the change coming and I can't wait to start riding the wave.

Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow