ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Geir Ove
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,085Gear list
Like?
FZ1000 HDR Experience, "Tricks" & Samples
1 month ago

Hello,

First the samples: First Photo is Single Shot, Second Sample is HDR: All in all 4 pairs = 8 photos.

All photos are SOOC, no post-processing!

HDRs created by the camera has a Quality (sharpness) tradeoff. However, I soon discovered that this tradeoff sometimes was high, sometimes low (Sharpnes of HDR almost same as the Single Shot). All HDRs are Freehand!

What gives? Well, I had the Shutter Type set to Auto: Sometimes the Camera chose Mechanical Shutter, sometimes Electronic: When Mechanical Shutter was used, there is a long delay between each Shot that makes up the HDR: Thus there would be movement between each shot, and the HDR is "unsharp" when zoomed to 100%.

I then chose Electronic Shutter, and the quality of the HDR is much higher (at 100%), closer to the Single Shot quality.  With Electronic Shutter the HDR was created "Instantly" with much shorter delay between each shot: Thus it would be less movement between the Freehant Shots! This is the Trick that I refer to in the subhect!

I also use Shutter Priority with the shutter set to 1/1000 second for all shots below.

Geir Ove

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow