ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SBS
SBS
Senior MemberPosts: 1,651
Like?
Ricoh/Pentax repair service issues: The real thread
1 month ago

So I blew it on the other thread when my post went up without text, and my attempts to edit failed. Naturally, people have responded without reading through the posts and have missed my intention. (I can't blame them. I do that too.) So here is the gist of my post.

I have been waiting for repair of my 31mm lens since March 28th. It is my most used lens. I have also been waiting for repair of my K5iis and 77mm lens (my second most used lens) since early June. I am a wedding photographer, and since people pay me for my work, I consider myself to be professional. Some people only consider one a professional if they make their living from photography. I do not, but I shoot dozens of weddings a year, along with other paid photographic services. Needless to say, this kind of repair service is very inconvenient for me. Please note: I have extra equipment. I use two camera bodies for weddings, and have multiple lenses. I even bought another K5iis to cover me while waiting for the repairs. (I also have a K20 with a defunct hot shoe that I can use if necessary in some situations.)

The primary reason for the delay in my repairs has been waiting for parts. It has made me consider for the first time that Pentax may not be a good system for professional use. I can see no reason why Ricoh can't fix this. I think discussing the issue on a public forum might help incite a change. Probably it's just a pipe dream, but since I love Pentax cameras and lenses, I feel it is worth a try.

Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow