Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Joseph
Senior MemberPosts: 1,101Gear list
Like?
X-E2 or X-Pro 1?
1 month ago

Fuji Canada has a mail-in promotion until the end of the month: if you get either one of these two bodies new they will send you a 18mm. I am thinking of switching to Fuji for mirrorless for a while (Sony failed to deliver lenses for APS-C mirrorless) and I am now tempted to join the X Mount crowd. But which one should I get?

I have handled both in store a couple of times and I like the hybrid viewfinder on the X-Pro 1 among other things & the price is right esp. w/ the deal, but there is a rumor that a "2" will be out soon. Not to mention this body feels a little bit sluggist in operations (am I crazy?) compare to the newer X-E2. I can wait for Photokina to see what Fuji is in store for us but the deal will be gone.

The X-E2 is newer and, correct me if I am wrong, w/ a better AF performance. The focus peaking and the zebra focus thing is nice but the EVF is ok only IMHO in terms of lag and blackout after a shot (mind you it is not a lot slower but it is still not an OVF which I have used to with my Nikon gears). In fact, there are noticeable improvement over the Olympus E-PL2 system that I used to have.

Both, I have read, are not really action cameras for BIF, sports, kids, etc. but I am not into these anyways and if I did I have my DSLR.

I like the OOC jpeg outputs from both when I was playing with them in store.

I have just started to look into this and I haven't done with my investigation. There are some pros & cons on both and I can't decide which one to get. There might also something that I may not aware of at this point, too. But time is running out and I'd like to hear what you think.

These will be for landscape, street photography and a bit of family/church event photos when I don't want to carry my DSLR gears. I am thinking a lenses lineup with the following primes: the Zeiss touit 12mm, the (free) 18mm, the 23mm and the 56mm. I will also get an adapter for my Nikkor Ai/Ais manual focus lenses.

Thanks.

Joseph's gear list:Joseph's gear list
Sony RX100 II Nikon D70 Nikon D1X Sony Alpha NEX-7 Nikon D800 +44 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow