ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Curtis Khan
Regular MemberPosts: 315Gear list
Like?
a77ii vs a900
2 months ago

Hi all,

I'm at a bit of a crossroads now and I would appreciate some hands on feedback please.

I'm heading to New York next week and I have intentions of trading in my a900 for the a77ii. This will compliment my a99 as the button layout is similar.  However, here is my dilemma. From looking at comparisons between the a900 and the a77ii on Imaging Resource, it seems that the 77ii is worse than the a900 at ISO1600. When shooting weddings and events I almost default to ISO 2500. Needless to say I never use that ISO on the a900. I tend to top out at 1600. But I make do.

Does anyone have hands on experiences with both the a77ii and the a900 to assist? Is it, in the real world worse than the a900? I can't afford another a99 at this time and was even contemplating just getting the 16-70 for my a6000 and using that camera as the go to wide angle combo. Or should I just continue as I am.

Thanks in advance for suggestions

Curtis Khan's gear list:Curtis Khan's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 +24 more
Sony a6000 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow