Thinking of possibly getting a Sony A6000...a few questions though?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jaeger088
Junior MemberPosts: 30
Like?
Thinking of possibly getting a Sony A6000...a few questions though?
2 months ago

Hello!,

I'm in the market right now for a new camera and I'm looking at either getting the Fuji X-T1 which looks to be an amazing, but expensive camera. However, I'm trying to look at some other cameras as a possibility as well and have come across the Sony A6000. I really like the size of it especially considering it has an APS-C Sensor in it. I've tried one out at Best Buy and have really liked how it fits in my hand and I actually like the controls on it quite a bit. Also, Sony's implementation for Yellow Focus Peaking is absolutely AMAZING in my opinion and really makes manual focusing fun! My question though is this: I have a cruise to Alaska coming up and I want to make sure I can get quality glass for whichever camera I get. I Know that the Fuji X-T1 has some pretty amazing lenses, but at the same time they all run at close to $1k each. Hence why I am considering the Sony A6000 as the used prices for lenses (roughly around $600 on ebay) is very appealing. How is the quality of Sony lenses? I'm really interested in the 16-70mm Zeiss, the 24mm Zeiss, the big 18-200mm, and the 50mm. Also, I hear many people complain that the lens lineup isn't too great and the future roadmap isn't focused on the APS-C Alpha series but rather the FE lens lineup and was wondering what, if any, truth there is to that? Cause In my opinion, I think the Sony lens lineup is perfect. Why do I need 50 lens options, when 4 or 5 covers everything I need/want? right?

Anyways, any opinions between the Fuji X-T1 and Sony A6000 would be great along with any info that could be provided on the quality of Sony lenses.

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow