Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Anthony Curcione
Regular MemberPosts: 275Gear list
Like?
Antishock 0 setting will not be coming for E-M5
Aug 14, 2014

Since I've had issues with shutter shock from time to time with my E-M5 I figured I'd ask Olympus point blank if they were going to address the issue. That would be a NO. Read below:

"Thank you for contacting Olympus Technical Support.
At this time we have not received any information from Olympus R&D that there will be an firmware update for an antishock 0 setting as in the E-P5 and E-M1. We have not had a significant number of customers reporting problems with images due the first curtain vibration as seen on the E-P5 and E-M1. My understanding is there are enough differences in the design and construction of the E-M5 that it is not considered an problem like it was on the other models."

Not sure they could not think it was a problem with the E-M5.  I know it's been talked to death about in this and other forums with complaints and suggestions.  I'm as careful as I can be when using it, but I still see it several times pretty much every time I shoot with it.  Guess I'll have to live with it.

Anthony Curcione's gear list:Anthony Curcione's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Olympus E-M1 Olympus PEN E-P5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow