Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Anthony Curcione
Regular MemberPosts: 272Gear list
Like?
Antishock 0 setting will not be coming for E-M5
3 months ago

Since I've had issues with shutter shock from time to time with my E-M5 I figured I'd ask Olympus point blank if they were going to address the issue. That would be a NO. Read below:

"Thank you for contacting Olympus Technical Support.
At this time we have not received any information from Olympus R&D that there will be an firmware update for an antishock 0 setting as in the E-P5 and E-M1. We have not had a significant number of customers reporting problems with images due the first curtain vibration as seen on the E-P5 and E-M1. My understanding is there are enough differences in the design and construction of the E-M5 that it is not considered an problem like it was on the other models."

Not sure they could not think it was a problem with the E-M5.  I know it's been talked to death about in this and other forums with complaints and suggestions.  I'm as careful as I can be when using it, but I still see it several times pretty much every time I shoot with it.  Guess I'll have to live with it.

Anthony Curcione's gear list:Anthony Curcione's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Olympus E-M1 Olympus PEN E-P5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow