Oak and Grass Study 1

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
NikonNature
Contributing MemberPosts: 660Gear list
Like?
Re: Oak and Grass Study 1
In reply to Radog7, 3 months ago

Radog7 wrote:

Thanks for the feedback, I tired to clean up the dirt in Photoshop but didn't get iit all. Yes they are overcooked , will try to even out tones. I just cleaned the sensor after this shoot as the dirt was nasty. Motion blur was due to trying HDR and slow shutter speed. Appreciate the feedback will try to improve.

Thanks all

That really is the key! I see potential in the subject matter and some of the compositions are pretty good, so in some ways you are on the right track.

If you are just getting started, I would strongly recommend that you abandon HDR for the time being. IMO, it causes your focus to be on processing affects rather than photography. If you hone your skills with the camera - technically and creatively - then you will have quality images that will respond well to post processing.

In post, start with the basics; white balance, exposure, dust removal, leveling horizon, etc. Then apply some subtle adjustments to contrast and saturation. That is a general approach that should result in natural looking images. When you have that down, then you can experiment with other processing techniques.

NikonNature's gear list:NikonNature's gear list
Nikon D300S Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow