Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tom_Paris
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
FZ1000 auto focus area displayed only for a moment
4 months ago

I have a question about the FZ1000 green auto focus area. 4 months ago h2odog asked the same question about the G5:

When pressing the shutter button halfway to lock focus on a subject the green focus confirmation dot stays on but the green focus area squares go off even if the shutter button is still being pressed halfway. Shouldn't the green focus area squares remain on until the shutter is depressed fully taking the picture?

This behaviour is independent of the camera mode (iA, P, A, S, M).
Focus mode is AFS and Face/Eye Detection.
When one green focus box shows up, it also disappears after about 1 second, even if the shutter button still is being pressed halfway.

In the FZ1000 manual (Owner’s Manual for advanced features) I read that when focus is achieved, the camera should beep 2 times. I hear only 1 beep. This behaviour (only 1 beep and AF area only displayed for a moment) matches with what is mentioned in the manual regarding focus mode AFF and AFC:
"When the Focus Mode is set to [AFF] or [AFC].
– A beep will be emitted when focus is first achieved during the pressing halfway.
– If AF Mode is set to [Custom Multi], such as [ ] or [ ], the AF area is displayed for a
moment only when focus is achieved for the first time by pressing the shutter button halfway."

So it seems my FZ1000, in AFS mode, is not behaving like described in the manual, I'm wondering if it is defective.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow