Canon SX50HS - New user Question - I-Contrast and more.....

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
peterpainter
Forum MemberPosts: 74
Like?
Canon SX50HS - New user Question - I-Contrast and more.....
2 months ago

Hi

I've just bought a SX50HS and am struggling with it. The manual shows that in 'program' mode there are two settings, one for I-Contrast (I've set it to Auto) and another for Shadows - but the shadow one does not appear on the menu on my camera - the description appears near the bottom of the screen instead of half way up.

Actually, I'm quite dubious about this camera - for instance when looking at groups of pictures the 'Func Set' button allows one to view the pics in the group, but pressing 'Func Set' again does nothing - the only way I've found to get out is to turn the camera off.

So far haven't found out how to manage shutter speed / aperture in program mode either - i.e. 'program shift'

Also I'm finding focussing a bit confusing. I was using a Fuji S5600 bridge camera. With the cross hair style focus point I could focus on small insects, bees and so on but the 'box' in the viewfinder is too large. Struggling a bit with what it will or won't focus on......

It's a bit complex, isn't it?

thanks in advance

regards

Pete

PS I have reduced the size of the autofocus area.  The results are inconsistent - from the same position after focussing (on a spider) OK I changed the ISO from 200 to 800 and with all other settings the same the camera refused to focus....then it rained.  Somehow I don't think this camera and I are ever going to be friends.

ANSWER:
Nikon Coolpix S560
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow