The A6000 is brilliant so why did I keep the G1X MkII?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jostian
Senior MemberPosts: 1,435Gear list
Like?
The A6000 is brilliant so why did I keep the G1X MkII?
3 months ago

The answer is simple (I had to simplify it...) I have a 7D and didn't want a 'competing' lens system, may sound stupid but I was really seesawing between a ultra wide for the 7D or the 16 70 Zeiss for the A6000, or maybe the 10 18 for the Sony, or maybe the new 10 18 STM for the 7D or maybe... you get the idea.Was driving me insane, seriously (Dunno what that says about my mental acuity but anyhow...)

As a DSLR replacement its also very small (to small in a sense), So yes, the A6000 is better in almost every-way but I'm so happy with the G1X mkII, bliss... love the IQ, love that its fixed lens! AF is definitely snappy enough (miles better than mkI which I had for about a month), touchscreen is nifty, ah yes... peace and sanity reinstated!

-- hide signature --

Jostian

Jostian's gear list:Jostian's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X II Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow