A7 and Olympus m4/3 15mm f8 body cap lens (pocketable FF outfit)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
neil holmes
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,023
Like?
A7 and Olympus m4/3 15mm f8 body cap lens (pocketable FF outfit)
1 month ago

I got this lens to experiment (I was curious) with and use on my GX7. I had an adapter for m4/3 lens to E mount (for another experiment) and the local JB-HIFI had the lens and it was cheap enough.

Having played around with it on both cameras, I actually think it is BETTER on the a7 even allowing that I have to use digital teleconverter at around 1.9x FF or 1.2x APSC mode to avoid vignetting and in APSC mode it is only 10mp VS 16 for the GX7.....might be very good on a A6000 with 24mp using 1.2x clearzoom.

It is not a lens for pixel peeping on ANY camera but I think it is ok for some purposes.

On the A7 the camera and lens are coat pocketable! (mounted with the very thin adapter the lens extends LESS than the grip of the A7 by a fraction).

Though it is native to M4/3 it is used exactly the same way on the A7 ......only 3 positions......a close in .3m/.98ft setting, a normal distance setting and an infinity setting.

I doubt I would use it for serious use but I think it is a lot of fun (on both cameras)......anyone who has an E mount camera and a m4/3 one ....maybe something for a bit of fun....adapters and the lens are cheap.

Just jpegs as taken.

Edit...I have clearzoom set up to use on the fly.

APSC Crop mode (I think)

In camera panorama mode

The camera does not use digital zoom for in camera panoramas .....this was surprising as the vignetting does not seem present so might be useable ...and is really using 15mm for panorama mode (the FF mode is 15mm but cropped using clearzoom at aprox 1.8x and APSC is 15mm but at 22mm FF angle of view and with aprox 1.2x clearzoom as well).

I think this will have its uses for me.....what do you think?

remember...no pixel peeping....oh ok go for it.

Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow