Need advice on which camera to convert or ...

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ilikespam
Regular MemberPosts: 317Gear list
Like?
Need advice on which camera to convert or ...
4 months ago

Hi, i have a nex6 with the 16-50.  I just got a sweet deal on a virtually new A3000 with the 18-55 [thailand].  I want to convert one to 2 spectrum (normal and infrared). I'm wondering if I even need or want the A3000.  I think it would be a good backup, as I have 3 major trips coming up.

Should I convert the nex to do normal and infrared- I would have to use filters on the lens to do infrared.  ThEn I would have the A3000 as a full backup [for normal].

Or

if i convert the A3000, and then the nex6 dies, i would have to use the a3000 as the primary for a while.

Are there other ideas? Should I just convert the a3000 to infrared only and forget the backup idea? Then i wouldn't have to fool around with filters.

Or

should i convert the nex6 and sell the a3000?

I do like the idea of only carrying 1 camera when travelling and am  out and about from a hotel.

I can afford it, but I'm cheap, and if i can save some money to spend on other stuff, i'm into that.

Thanks guys.

ilikespam's gear list:ilikespam's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 A3000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow