Seriously thinking about a V2 or V3..how are they for landscapes?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
HGFGKM
Regular MemberPosts: 181Gear list
Like?
Seriously thinking about a V2 or V3..how are they for landscapes?
1 month ago

I have followed this forum without owning a Nikon 1 V (any number) and seriously thinking about buying one. I have noticed the enthusiastic comments of some members who really know how to use the cameras and others having mixed feelings in comparison with other camera platforms. I own and love a D610 and use it primarily for landscape and museum photography, a few pictures of friends and grandkids. I am not a professional, but I enjoy capturing moments and scenes.

I have noticed that most of the "enthusiastic" comments for these cameras are related to photos of real life (birds, insects, flowers, etc.) which I also love to take photos. But I have not seen that many pictures of wide landscapes, sunsets, city vistas, etc.

I am curious what do the V series users feel about landscape photography with this camera platform. I am also interested in getting your views about the practicality of using Nikon FX lenses (I have 18-35, 24-85 and 28-300) with the Nikon adaptor.

Many thanks for any input to my dilemma.

HGFGKM's gear list:HGFGKM's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D610 Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG Macro +7 more
Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon D610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow